Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Never-Ending Cold!


This week I have been fighting a cold that won't quit. I can't really take anything because of the pregnancy so I have been generously applying the Vick's, using my new humidifier, and sucking on tons of cough drops. The night is the worst part. All that icky stuff fills up my chest so I spend half the night coughing. Pat is totally loving it! He told me I might have to move to the other bedroom last night so I came up with a solution...I decided to sleep sitting up. I was actually able to do it thanks to an amazing pillow I got from Maggie and Lyndee. The good news for me is that my student teacher is taking over most of my classes this week so I can relax a little bit.

Pat continues to work hard yet this weekend too. Greg, Jim and Pat are taking down our wind battered outdoor patio tent as I type . He also installed 10 lights (6 with dimmers) over the past few days. He also organized all the stuff in storage in the basement and even found time to go out to dinner with me and to another Gopher Hockey game! Not too bad of a weekend. I did a lot of coughing, sneezing, and cleaning. I am currently procrastinating on mopping the floors. Hate that job! Can't wait for carpet in the basement so I don't have to do it down there!

Thursday is our 20 week appointment and we get to have another ultrasound! I cannot wait to see him/her on the screen. Any suggestions for a unisex nickname for this baby? I am sick of calling it him/her or he/she. "Baby" seems too boring. Also, I am curious as to your thoughts on its gender so vote on my little poll. I honestly have no idea what it is. Almost all of my dreams say boy but one really vivid one I had this past week made me think it could be a girl.

Here is my (almost) 20 week belly pic. I was wearing that same shirt 10 weeks ago when Katie was here visiting. If you look back to a posting I did in early September you can see things have changed quite a bit under there. I'll update again on Thursday...hopefully with pictures of our baby! Have a good week everyone!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Katy Wage!!! Born on 11/11 at 11:11...Pat did not believe me when I told him that today! And a Happy Birthday to my cousin Jason too!

3 comments:

Katie Ragan said...

Awwww! Your belly is so cute! Can't wait to see your ultrasound pic! I go for mine on Friday! Sorry to hear you are sick. I know how miserable that is when you are pregnant. Hopefully we can get another belly pic together before I pop! 55 days to go!!

arnesona said...

Your getting bigger:) Hope your feeling better soon!! Angie

arnesona said...

Oh and I added your blog to mine too. Thanks for doing that!! Angie