Friday, January 11, 2008

Florida and Other Stuff...














Last week we headed down to Bonita Springs, FL for a much needed vacation. We arrived on Sunday afternoon and the weather was perfect. Nice and sunny and warm. Unfortunately, it didn't last. We just so happened to stumble on a cold streak that was the coldest weather they had seen in 10 years! Being from Minnesota (ok, really Wisconsin) we managed as it was negative degrees back home. I think the locals thought we were insane going swimming with weather in the 60's, but we sure had fun! I even got to go in the hot tub because it wasn't so scalding hot.

Some of the things we did included: the beach (twice), seeing the Twins spring training field, flea market, the dog track (no luck there), and of course going to Big Willie's (which was a totally random bar we wandered into). Pretty sure my brother-in-law Greg made some life long friends in there after his big poker win! It was great that the Taco Bell was open after that!

The highlight for me was going to the beach in Ft. Meyers. I dug a hole in the sand (per Carol Thuente's suggestion) so I could stick my belly in it and lay down on my stomach for the first time since October. It was heavenly! I think the highlight for Pat was improving his tennis game. The condo we stayed at had a pool and hot tub, but the boys spent hours playing on the tennis court they had there. I played a little bit but it sure is exhausting!

It was so nice to get away and spend time with the family. Hard to believe the next time we vacation we will have a little rugrat with us! I really can't wait! Less than 12 weeks to go!

So I am offically 28 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I went to the doctor today (Friday). I had another "growth spurt." It seems I always have those over the holidays. I haven't measured my waist yet but my weight is up 22 lbs. now. My doctor says this is average but I don't know! Pat says that it doesn't appear as though I have gained that much so I am happy about that. Although, aren't husbands supposed to say that...?

Well this weekend we are in search of the "perfect" crib. My nesting instincts are beginning to kick in and I just want to be ready for the baby. We even started our "Preparing for Birth" class. We already learned so much in one class and we still have four more classes. Next week we learn some more breathing techniques and get to watch a birth on t.v. Fun, fun!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very jealous you got to visit Ft. Myers Beach. My grandparents have had a condo there for 26 years and this is the first year I won't be making a trip down. It looks like you had a wondeful time :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am Sylvan Thuente, living in Macon, GA. My father is Joseph B. Thuente (1899 - 1976), from Ft Atkinson Ia. My grandfather is Joseph F. Thuente (1865 - 1946). My great grandfather is Francis Engelbert Thuente (1838 - 1910). I am sure that if your name is Thuente we must be related. My eMail is sthuente@mindspring.com. Give me buzz if you get this.

arnesona said...

I am so jealous!! Your in sandals!! You seriously are a cute pregnant lady:)

Katie Ragan said...

Could you be any cuter?? Seriously, that is such a beautiful picture of the two of you!! I love it!