By about 11:30 I was getting kind of uncomfortable and really needed some support. So I woke him up from his short sleep and he responded, "Seriously?!?" Yes, I was serious. He got up and became the best little support system I could've asked for. He timed all my contractions and recorded them on his little notepad. Very nice. We'll definitely save that for the baby book!
After several calls to the nurse on duty at the hospital, we realized it was time to go in. After a bumpy, pot-hole filled ride to the hospital, we got there at about 3 am. (As a side note, Pat was really hungry on the ride and I told him he could go to White Castle-believe it or not, he refused! There's a first!) I was 4 cm dilated and having contractions about a minute and a half apart. Before long I started to get really uncomfortable so I got a shot of Nubain around 5:00 am and I was feeling all right...for a while. It didn't make the pain go away but it took the edge off the contractions. When I was having contractions I felt a little loopy. It quickly wore off though and I was in a lot of pain an
What an alert baby! They laid her on my chest and she immediately opened her eyes and was lifting her little head trying to look at me! Pat told me about this later on and then to my surprise I discovered he had gotten that precious moment on videotape. She has big blue eyes just like her daddy. We are still not sure who she looks like yet. Any ideas?
After our 2 night stay, we left to bring Lillian home. My mom was able to make it for the weekend so she was there and had helped us out by making us lunch and doing all of our laundry-thanks Mom! We even had an "It's a Girl" sign waiting for us in our front yard. We got settled in for our first night at the house. She did pretty well. Granted I wasn't expecting to sleep that much the first night. Every little noise she made had Pat and I wide eyed wondering if she was ok. I probably checked on her 12 times that night! Paranoid parents, for sure!
We are starting to get ourselves into a routine. Eating every 3 hours or so. Lots of naps and lots of diaper changes too. Being a new parent is so much fun and Pat and I are just so grateful that she is finally here and healthy. We are looking forward to introducing her to all our family and friends in the coming weeks. Thanks so much all the prayers, visits, phone calls, cards, and gifts!


No comments:
Post a Comment