Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Visit to the Doctor

Yesterday I took Lillian to see a doctor in our doctor's practice (who, by the way, very much resembled Santa Claus...but not nearly as jolly). Turns out she has a bad case of the baby acne (I thought it might have been a rash) and a clogged tear duct. So, we got a prescription for some eye drops and a baby version of the Proactive Solution (j/k). Nothing you can do about baby pimples except wash her face with warm water. The real shocking thing was how much she has grown since she was born! She is now weighing in at 9 lbs 2 oz. and 22 inches long! That is 2 pounds more than at birth and 1.5 inches in just 3 weeks. I cannot believe how fast she is growing! I wish I could make it just freeze in time. She will already be a month old this weekend. Crazy!

Pat is working on getting a sub for next week. If he is able, we will be back in Oconomowoc staying at my mom's house Wednesday night through Sunday morning. I am going to set up some times for people to come over and meet Lillian. Most likely on Saturday during the day for my dad's side of the family (plus we need to get a 5 generation picture at the nursing home) and Friday night for my mom's side of the family and our friends. Coincidentally, it will also be Maggiepalooza for those of you who are regular attendees. A garage party is definitely in order. I'll send out an email once we for sure know the plan.

1 comment:

arnesona said...

She is just darling:) I was sad to hear that you won't be at the shower this weekend:( I am so excited for it. There should be about 45 people there. I can't wait. I hope that I will be able to meet Lillian soon! Angie