Monday, May 26, 2008

First Trip to the Cabin













We headed up to the lake for Memorial Day weekend. Lillian is a great traveler! She slept almost the entire way up and back home again (except for a little feeding layover each way). It wasn't quite warm enough for swimming, but I thought that trying on her new swimsuit from Grandma Tinks was necessary. I'm not sure Pat is too fond of his daughter in a bikini (I am pretty sure no dad is) but I think she is adorable in it. Big belly and all!

Saturday night also marked the second time that Pat and I left Lillian behind. She got to stay and snuggle with Grandma Thuente at the cabin while a group of us headed over to a local bar/restaurant called Cheeks for a little fun. We sure did have fun. However, it was difficult to keep from wondering what she was doing, if she was fussy, and if she missed me as much as I missed her. Ah well. Life sure is different from when we would go out before!

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Lillian, you and Anne have matching sunglasses!

I know what you mean about leaving them behind--all you can think is "Is she okay? Does she need me? Should I call?" Motherhood is constant!