This past weekend we packed up ourselves, our baby, and all her stuff to go back to Oconomowoc to meet friends and family. Seriously, we were loaded down! I cannot believe how much stuff it takes to function like we would at home. We had to leave the stroller because there was no more room in the trunk. I decided that I wanted to leave our house by around 7:30 am...so at 9:00 we actually pulled out and hit the road. It always takes longer now! Lillian did awesome on the way there. We stopped one time to feed ourselves and her and had a quick diaper change. We got to Oconomowoc in 5 and a half hours which is about an hour more than it usually takes me (when I don't stop at all). Not bad!
Thursday night we just stayed in at my mom's house with Elliot and my mom, ordered pizzas, and Pat and I caught up on many episodes of Entourage (gotta love Mom's On-Demand). On Friday morning, my friend Katy stopped by to meet Lillian. It was so fun to show her off to all the people I care about who haven't seen her yet! Friday night, we threw a little party at my mom's house and a ton of people stopped by including my friends Rick and Liz. Who, by the way, got engaged last weekend! This was big, big news and I am so excited for them! P.S. Most amazing proposal story I have ever heard. No wonder Rick was voted "Most Romantic" in high school!
Lillian was quite popular at the party as I saw her only as she was being passed off to the next doting family member or friend. She also met one of her two boyfriends, Finn. Unfortunately we totally spaced and didn't get a picture together of them. Argh!!! After the party, she sure was worn out! Lucky for me, my mom decided she'd do the 3 am feeding and let Pat and I get a full night's sleep for the first time in a while. (I still woke up when I heard her cry in my mom's room, but luckily I was able to fall back asleep as soon as I remembered I had the night off!) Oh, and by the way, since it was also Maggiepalooza, I had pumped, and we had a big table, we did play flip cup. Despite being benched for the past 9 months, I found that my game was still half decent.
Saturday we packed up Lillian and headed to the nursing home where my great-grandma lives and got a 5 generation picture with my dad and grandfather. I don't think you see a lot of those these days. Great-grandma Lydia is 97 years older than little Lillian! Crazy! After the picture, we (my dad's side of the family and us) all went into town and grabbed some lunch. (Thanks again, Dad!) It was great for them to get to see her as well.
Saturday night we stayed in and made dinner for Mother's Day. My grandparents and Maggie came over to my mom's house and we had Sausage Haus ribs (delicious!) We also got a 4 generation picture of all the girls. You looked fabulous in the picture, Gigi!
Sunday morning Pat and I headed off to church and then had a nice breakfast with my mom and Elliot. While I fed and played with Lillian, he repacked up the car. This process probably took at least an hour. I now have a pretty good idea of what has to be brought and what we could leave at home. We stopped by Bryan and JJ's house to see little Grant (boyfriend #2) and got some pictures of the babies together. By noon we were back on the road. After a 7 and a half hour trip (due to a car accident, 2 feedings, and road work) we made it back to St. Paul about 2 hours after we had intended. So, we missed Mother's Day dinner with Colleen, but got there in time to eat their leftovers. I had a wonderful Mother's Day though because I got to spend the whole day with my family! Lillian even gave me her best smiles :) We are looking forward to another trip back this summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment