After reading the apologies for not recently blogging on some of our friends and family blogs tonight, I realized that I have been terrible about blogging lately too. I blame it on being back at work, having such a short amount of time to play with Lillian at night, and a broken computer. I am starting to learn that some things just don't get done. I am really going to try to make blogging not be one of those things. So...what is new...?
Lillian is sitting up all by herself now! She occasionally tumbles backwards but overall she is doing very well. She really enjoys picking up her toys and intentionally dropping them on the floor to hear the noises it makes. Then she waits for you to pick it up again. It is quite the game for her. I keep saying, "Ok, that's it. You dropped it. I'm not picking it up again." But of course I do because that little face is hard to say no to. Yes, I will get over this. I am not going to be the mom of the kid who never hears no. I teach some kids like that and have definitely collected quite a few 'what not to do's' from their behavior.
New on the menu this week: oatmeal. She pretty much will eat anything. We let her lick a pickle tonight at dinner and she cried when I took it away. She loves to eat! I wonder where she got that trait from?
Grandma Tinks is here this weekend and Lillian has been getting lots of love and attention. Pat and I went out last night while Lillian stayed at home with Grandma. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown after going out to dinner and to a few bars in St. Paul. It was nice to have a night away, just the two of us. We haven't been gone for more than a few hours together since she has been born. Of course we got up early and did not stay until check out like we had planned..."Let's sleep until noon"...yeah, right. We had to get home because we missed her so much. I love the look on her face when she sees me after not seeing me for a few hours. She gets so excited and it just makes me so happy.
After we got home, I went and got my hair chopped. I mean really chopped! I will have to put a picture on soon. My hair was just too long and I needed a change. Apparently all new moms do this. Once those little hands learn how to grab, it's over! Long hair has got to go. My mom, Lillian, and I hit up some garage sales after the hair cut and snagged a bunch of great stuff. I am pretty excited about this little scooter I got for her for next summer. It folds up so small and has a harness on the back so a parent can hang on to make sure she doesn't go too fast or too far. I love it! We also picked up some other toys for next summer. Tonight we went through her clothes. We didn't have that much stuff for the 3-6 month phase. But let me tell you, we have enough in the 6-9 months phase to make up for it! This kid is going to have a different outfit for everyday. Too bad she is too young to appreciate her awesome wardrobe! After the garage sales, we went to our church's fall festival. We worked the dunk tank for a while and with the sun beaming down on us, I kind of wanted to be the person in it. Instead I collected tickets and money from the little kids who wanted to dunk their teacher. It cost a buck a throw. Aren't those things supposed to be like 3 throws for a buck? I seriously took like 20 bucks away from a few kids who just kept trying to dunk the person in there. It was like Vegas for kids. Losing money for no good reason.
Well, I think that's about all for now. Buenas noches.


No comments:
Post a Comment