Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sick Girl

Lillian has her first illness. The common cold seems anything but when you are a new parent. She's been congested, coughing, sneezing, and whining for the past two days. The other night she was up from 1:00-5:00 am. Mom and Dad were exhausted at work the next morning. The "booger sucker" has been working overtime but we still cannot manage to take all the mucus away. We've propped her crib up so she's not laying down flat, given her Saline drops in the nose and Baby Vick's Vapor Rub too. The humidifier has been going 24/7 but I think we're just going to have to wait this one out. It is so hard watching your baby be sick. I bought her a new toy because I felt so bad (an obvious sign of a new mom-of this I'm sure.) I was so touched when Lillian's daycare provider, Theresa, called us this morning to ask how she was doing. She said, "Well, I just love her so much and hope she is feeling better." She's the best. We are so lucky to have found her!

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Feel better, Lillian! Your mommy and daddy are taking extra good care of you.