Monday, December 22, 2008
9 Month Appointment
Today we had Lillian's 9 month check-up. She doesn't actually turn 9 months until the 3rd of January but since we have this week off we decided to get it out of the way. She only had to have one shot and she did really well. She cried for about 15 seconds and then, just as the doctor was leaving the room, she flashed him a big grin. (As if to say, "that's all you got?") It was pretty funny. This time around, she weighed 17 lbs 13 oz (40th percentile) and was 28 inches long (75th percentile). Tall and skinny...must be nice. We were way off with our weight guesses. Pat thought 21 lbs and I thought 19lbs. The doctor told us that we can start to do more finger foods with her and said that we can actually start giving her what we eat as long as it is chopped into small pieces. I am always so worried about choking but I think she is actually a lot more capable than I think she is. She always chews her food when she eats which is a good sign that she is ready. She had some Goldfish crackers the other day and really enjoyed those. I love them too so it is a nice addition to our snack cabinet. As far as crawling, the doctor said that it is normal that she is not going anywhere yet. She can get herself up on her knees now which she couldn't do last week. She is also able to hold herself up by hanging onto the furniture. It is amazing how fast things can change. So maybe she'll be mobile by the new year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment