Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's new with our kiddo...


The days since Christmas break ended have been busy, busy. The hardest part is getting back into a routine after 16 days of sleeping in and doing whatever we felt like, whenever we wanted to. That little taste of vacation is already making me eager for summer break. I am really looking foward to being at home with Lillian again. All of this was realized when I went to pick her up from daycare yesterday and she didn't want to come with me. Part of it was that she didn't want to get in the carseat but it was pretty clear that she was having a fabulous time before I came in and ruined it. I felt so rejected! Obviously I am happy to know that Lillian loves her daycare provider but it was a tough pill to swallow for Mom.

Since returning from Wisconsin, Lillian has been a talking maniac. It is "hi, hi, hi" all day long. She still throws in the occasional "Dada" and"uh-oh" but "hi" seems to be her word of choice. It is especially cute when she does her little wave (toward herself) along with it. Precious! She is just so much fun to be around and it makes it so hard to send her off to daycare everyday. (Anyone have a great stay at home job I can apply for???)

In addition to her babblings, she is getting herself around quite nicely lately. Did I mention she was doing it backwards? I am giving up on her ever crawling regularly. It is backwards for our babe! She can move pretty quick. So quick in fact, she went the length of our kitchen in about 10 seconds and all of sudden she was edging toward the stairs! She is also able to hold herself up on furniture pretty well but does not seem to interested in "creeping" just yet. We have been taking her swimming at our gym once a week and she is really digging be able to move so freely in the water. (The splashing and people watching is good too).

She is still doing well with eating and we're now on all stage 3 foods at dinner time. Favorites so far are mac & cheese and lasagna. She is indifferent about the chicken and turkey dinners. I haven't even tried the beef because it looks so gross. Sometimes she likes the extra chunks in her food and other times she thinks it is funny to spit them out everywhere. We have been giving her teething biscuits (which are a huge mess) but she LOVES them! I took part of one away because she stuck the entire thing in her mouth and she just howled at me. " Don't take away my treat Mama! You have been making me eat pureed mush for months!!!"

Well, I am going to try to update more often. I have been a total slacker, I know. This cold weather makes me want to just bundle up and hide! Stay warm everyone!

I just had to throw this picture in. Lillian was helping me fold laundry and I realized we had the same outfit on. Gray sweatshirts and pink pants (which honestly Lillian can pull off, but me, not so much...)


1 comment:

arnesona said...

You can pull that outfit off Sarah! Come on now:) Got to love the comfortable outfits!! I sure do!