Saturday, October 3, 2009

18 months and so much to say...

The big half birthday came and went. I started this post last week and realized I hadn't kept very good track of all of the words she has been saying so I have been working on this since last week. She talks a ton! Her talking has increased more and more in the past month or so. She seems to really understand most of what we say to her and answers questions appropriately most of the time. She has even put together a few 3-4 word sentences such as "I want a taco." These aren't really in order but here's most of what she's saying right now. It is not always the clearest speech but I think she's doing pretty well. I'm sure someday she'll find this interesting.

Mama
Dada
Mommy
Daddy
Please
Thank you
Bless you
Good night
I love you
Ama (Grandma)
Papa
Gigi
Opa
Lisa
Laura
Greg
Theresa
Josh
Elmo
Thuente
Doggie
Kitty
Monkey
Ducky
Fishy
Snack
1
2
3
4
5
Caillou (Her favorite show)
Nina
Star
Step
Moon/Luna
Clock
Bubbles
Chair
Spoon
Bib
Change you
poop
pee
potty
Bye-bye
Hi
Hola
Go
Up
Down
Hello
Swing
Nigh-Night
Baby
Nap
Crib
Bottle
Milk
Water
Cookie
Pizza
Pancake
Cheers
Ok
Car
Bus
Truck
I see you
Blanket
Shoe
Socks
Pants
Shirt
Coat
Arm
Leg
Belly Button
Nipple (don't ask!)
Hand
Butt
Mouth/Boca
Eyes
Ears
Hair
Toes
Teeth
Head
Hair
Brush
Bath
No
Yes
Num-num
Lunch
Walk
Book
Mine
What's that?
Who's that?
tickle
Pink
Red
Blue
Green
Yellow
Ball
Owie
Weeee!
Button
Pretty
House

Her new word of the week is "spooky." We've been doing a lot of decorating for Halloween. Her other new accomplishment is singing the ABC's! She does it very clear until the dreaded "L, M, N, O, P" part. She has the tune down though.

She's doing pretty well feeding herself with her spoon or fork. Dinners are a lot messier with her in control of her own feeding and because she is not always eating finger foods. We pretty much have to do a bath every night now. We did the closet switch and are now pretty much only wearing 18 month clothes and even some 2T shirts. She's getting to be such a big girl.

We've brought the potty chair out and she likes to look at it and knows what it is for but has no interest in sitting on it. In fact I think she is kind of scared of it. So we just set it aside for now. I think we'll still be changing diapers for a long, long time.

It still amazes me every time another month goes by....just another month further away from her being our little baby. I can't believe it's been a whole year and a half since she joined our family. How time flies when you're having fun!

1 comment:

snarkern said...

You forgot a few very important words that she learned recently Rah, Rah Packers!!!