Ok, ok. I'm sure by this point even my most loyal readers have given up. I don't blame you. My blogging has become almost non-existent from when she was little. But hey, she's on the go and so are we! Here's a quick update of life at the Thuente household these past few weeks.
Daddy works A LOT! He got a summer job working at Target Field in the call center. But since baseball season goes a little before and after summer he already started working. Every weekend. Bleh. This has given Lillian a lot of quality time with Mommy. However, she saw a teenage kid the other day walk by the house and was sure it was daddy. Commence tantrum. "Where did Daddy go?" Yep, we miss him. Just a few more weeks until he has some weekends off.
School is in full swing for me. I have class every Thursday night until 7:30. I really like it but it is hard not seeing Lillian at all on those days. As Grandma would say, "You can put up with anything as long as it's temporary." I keep telling myself this when I don't want to go or have to sit down and write a paper. It's weird being a student again. Especially because the last time I was a student I was 22 with no husband, mortgage, job, or child. What a difference 7 years makes.
Lillian is having a blast with Connor and Liam, the other 2 kids at her daycare. She talks about them all the time. She is very interested in babies and has started asking us for a "baby sister" all of a sudden.
She is still really interested in the potty and sits on it often. She still isn't producing anything consistently but is very excited to talk about big girl undies. Hopefully we will be trained by summer but I am just taking it nice and slow.
She talks a TON! I mean seriously the kid won't stop babbling. Her newest thing is making up songs on the spot about what she's doing. Somehow it is always to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. No matter what song she's singing, it always goes back to that tune.
She really enjoyed this hockey season. She went to a lot of Jack's games and a few Gopher games too. Her little cheerleader outfit is almost too small now. It makes me sad because she got it the day she was born and I thought she'd never be that big!
She's obsessed with the movie Finding Nemo and really interested in "reading" books. She looks at the pictures now and tries to retell the story to us. It is pretty funny. Tonight we were reading a Potty Training book with a picture of a dog in it. She starts to "read" to me... "The doggy don't want to eat his cheeseburger. I'm not hungry." Who knows what she's thinking!?
We got some professional pictures taken today. I will get those up asap. (Yeah, right). But I will try since I'm home on spring break this whole week.
Her second birthday is coming up in less than 2 weeks. This means I will probably have my annual breakdown. Can't believe she'll be 2!


No comments:
Post a Comment