Saturday, November 6, 2010

Toddler Romance

Well, everyone...Lillian is engaged! Yes, that's right someone finally popped the question and she said yes. Ok, seriously though she was proposed to by Conor (3) her friend from daycare. When I picked her up from daycare recently she and Conor were waiting for me at the door. Conor blurted out, "I am getting married to Lillian!" Really? How do these kids learn these things?! They went into full detail on their wedding plans: white dress, chocolate cake, purple bridesmaid dresses, lots of flowers...Conor made the mistake of saying he was going to be wearing jeans and Lillian nipped that in the bud right away saying, "No. You will wear a tuxedo!" So funny. Then he asked if she could come over for a sleep over! Things are moving just a little too fast for a couple of toddlers. When she said goodbye she went in for the kiss and Conor didn't refuse. I had a good laugh that day. But now I have to work on teaching Lillian that kisses are just for family and that only grown ups can get married. Wish me luck...we have a very headstrong little girl!

No comments: