Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Almost a year...so much to catch up on!

As I begin this post I am fully aware that no one will probably read it. And I am okay with that. I just want my little Emmy girl to know about the things she did when she was nearing age one. Emily is one adventurous little lady! She was crawling before the six month mark and walking at ten months. She loves to keep up with big sister! The two of them share such a special relationship. There are times when Emily would prefer a hug from "sissy" rather than Mom or Dad. They just love to snuggle and giggle and I like to imagine what it will be like when they are bigger. Emily has been eating solid food for a little over a month now. She loves bread, cheese, all fruits and vegetables (even black olives...yuck!). She dislikes eggs and most meats (except deli turkey and hot dogs). Emily babbles all day long. This is most likely the side effect of having a chatty big sister (and mom). So far she loves to say: dada, mama, num-nums, hi, and she attempts to say Lillian by making L sound after L sound. I guess I never considered the ramifications on a future sibling when we named Lillian. It is hard to say. Emily sleeps like a champ but is easily awoken and is an early riser. She gets frustrated quickly and let's you know with her pteradctyl (sp?) like scream. Everyone says the girls look exactly alike, which I think is true. However, they could not be more different personality wise. Lillian is always cautious when trying something new. Emily goes for it head first. Lillian is picky with food and Emily will pretty much eat anything you give her, or at least try it before she rules it out, unlike sissy. Emily has her first birthday party coming up this weekend. I am excited to watch her devour her cake and open presents. Having a sibling means shared attention, so I am excited for her to have a day that's all hers! Now onto "Sissy"... Lillian had a great first year of preschool! Some of the highlights were the Christmas program, St. Patrick's Day, and being special person of the week which also coincided with her birthday. Extra special. Now at age four Lillian is quiet independent, and can be sassy! The things she says everyday surprise me and sometimes horrify me! Like when she said to me, "Mom, that outfit you have on is...is...hideous!" or "Mom, you look Amish in that." Ouch. She is learning what it means to have feelings hurt and to hurt others. Empathy is important and she is definitely learning that in all her dealings with people. She is also very interested in history (go figure) and art. She is beginning to read! She draws for hours at a time. Her art desk is her favorite place to relax. Lillian did ballet throughout the whole school year and LOVED it! She is now playing t-ball which she doesn't exactly love but is sticking it out because she wants to be part of the team and finally catch a ball. So, all in all, we've had a wonderful year and I look forward to each and every day I get to spend with this crazy pack of weirdos I call my family.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I read it! I check in every now and then to see if there are any updates :) Hope you all are well, tell Patrick I said hello!

- Christy