So, no twins to report. I am a little relieved actually. The idea of two babies at once kind of freaked me out! Although, I thought maybe we were going to end up with two because Pat had a dream that we had twins boys. In the dream he wanted to name them Nicki and Alex...yes, those would be the names of the twin boys Uncle Jesse had on Full House. Have mercy!
After the technician verified that we had just one little one in there we got to see the heartbeat. Coolest thing ever! It made all of this feel real. There is actually a little person inside of me with his/her own heartbeat! How amazing! She said that the heart rate is 158 which is "good and normal." I was very happy to hear that! She gave us two pictures of our little one. Doesn't it look like it has a horn? She called it "cute" so hopefully it will lose that soon!
Now we don't go back to the doctor until we are 11 weeks. Between now and then I need to tell my principal I am pregnant. You'd think he would be happy for me, but I am the sixth teacher to be pregnant this coming school year so he may be a little more stressed about finding me a long-term sub. It will probably be difficult to find my sub because he or she would need to be able to teach Spanish to grades K-8.
Other than the ultrasound news, the morning sickness has hit. Not too bad but I have felt better. I have been pretty uninterested in eating lately but for some reason I am hungry right now and I am totally craving French toast. Pat is going to take me to Perkins even though he wanted Mexican. He's so great! Time to go!


No comments:
Post a Comment