Thursday, August 9, 2007

Six Week Stuff

I am anxiously awaiting the next two weekends. This weekend I am meeting my mom in the Wisconsin Dells for a mini-vaca just the two of us! I know it will be so fun. We haven't seen each other since the big announcement. I just hope she can handle how much sleep I have been requiring. I don't think she has a power-vacation planned. Those are the kind of vacations my dad likes to plan...remember our trip out west, Dad? Speaking of dad, he is coming the weekend after this one which should also be a great time. I will finally get to go for a motorcycle ride this summer since I've only gotten one this whole summer. (Which was just around the block...Pat didn't want to go too far on our first ride.)

As far as baby goes just a little to report this week. I visit the bathroom more often than I ever thought a person could. I take an afternoon nap everyday...some days I just don't wake up from it and sleep until the morning...seriously weird for me! Oh, and according to Pat, I am a crabby pregnant lady. What is his problem? There's nothing wrong with me! Ok, well maybe I am just a tad irritable lately. It is certainly not on purpose. Pat has been absolutely fabulous. He got to bring me home my first pregnancy craving this week...ice cream! I am hungry all of the time it seems. I have been eating smaller amounts more often. I have gained one pound so far. It is soooo nice not keeping track of everything I eat like when I was on WeightWatchers this whole summer. Though I am still aware. I will definitely be going back to W.W. once baby arrives though...great, easy diet! And, you get to do it for free if you rejoin after a pregnancy.

Next week, we have our pregnancy class and the following Monday we have our 8 week appointment. I cannot wait to see the baby (or possibly babies) on the ultrasound. Wouldn't it be crazy if there were two Thuentes in there?!? Pat would probably faint! I guess I would too!

1 comment:

The Kirkwood Family said...

I found your blog! I am such a sneaky internet guru! ha ha! It is SO cute! I am really excited for your ultrasound too. Keep me posted on how things are going and don't ever hesitate to ask me ANYTHING!