Tuesday, September 11, 2007

An Afternoon at Target...



Yesterday we had our 11 week appointment. Everything is going really well so far the doctor told us. My weight is up 1 lb. since my 8 week appointment. I was thinking I had lost weight from being sick the past few weeks but I guess not! Before the appointment was over she pulled out this little microphone thing and put it on my tummy and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat. So awesome! At one point we could hear mine beating slowly and the baby's beating quickly at the same time. It sounded like the background music to Baby Got Back...ok, not really! But wouldn't that be cool?!? (I know the Starke girls would think so!)

I am no longer in the nausea stage anymore! Thank God!!!! Pat told me that I "seem normal" again. Always a nice compliment! I was pretty happy to hear that news because I know how crabby and emotional I had been recently. I have two names now Old Sarah (regular me) and New Sarah (hyper-sensitive and irritable me). Which one do you think we like better? Now that I have been Old Sarah for a week or so I have a lot more energy (no longer needing the nap everyday) and I am able to eat just about anything (except ham) without wanting to run to the bathroom. So, all in all, things are going great!

After our appointment Pat and I went to Target. We wandered around aimlessly for about 10 minutes when Pat spotted the clearance section. Usually he never wants to spend money on things we don't absolutely "need" but yesterday we really "needed" things for up at the lake for the baby...make that toddler to small child! The stuff we picked up is for kids 36 lbs and up! I laughed out loud as he rummaged through the floaties, beach hats, and water toys. He told me that we have to make good parenting decisions regarding water safety and our child! He took off to get a cart and started loading it up. So, we are now the proud owners of two baby beach hats (one pink, one blue because we don't know yet), a toddler raft, 2 other floaties of some kind, and a life jacket. So by the year 2010 the baby should be all set for the summer swimming season!
But, was I allowed to start looking at clearance maternity clothes?...No, because I don't need them yet! Ha ha!

Here is an updated belly picture. It is becoming more obvious in any fitted shirts that I have. Some of my pants are getting a little snug! I am just waiting for the first kindergartner to ask if I have a baby in my tummy before I announce our pregnancy to the students. They have no inhibitions! The other picture denotes the return of Old Sarah. You can sense the excitement of my husband!

I heard a good trivia question today so I will let you all try to figure it out...

Only 1/3 of human beings on Earth use this. What is it? Answer in my next blog entry!

1 comment:

maggie stauff said...

You are too funny. I am sure that you and Pat will make smart decisions for the safety of your little baby. Love the updates!

My guess: Shampoo? You said on Earth. Earth is big and not everyone has access. I'll let you know if I come up with something better.

Luv Ya!