Sunday, October 28, 2007

Registering and Feeling Baby Move

So, here we are at the beginning of month five! I cannot believe how fast it has gone so far! In two weeks we are halfway done with the pregnancy. I have been feeling so great lately. I have tons of energy and have been spending a lot of time talking to the baby and planning for his/her arrival. Today, Pat and I spent some time at Babies R Us checking out cribs, strollers, etc. We decided on a crib/dresser/changing table set we like so we decided to get one of those guns to start our registry. Too much fun (well, for me...not really for Pat). As we got a little into this I started having flashbacks to when we registered before we got married. Pat basically got sick of it and sat down in the middle of an aisle at Target. Well, he has matured since then, but he still doesn't really like to register. When I go back, I am going to have to bring a new mommy with me. We only opted to do a few things since there are so many things I want to research before we commit to it for the baby. I am very anti "settling" for something. I want to make sure I am really going to like/need it if we are going to register for it. The hardest thing is finding unisex baby bedding that I actually like. Lucky for me I still have 5 months to decide on all of this.

Tonight during mass, another exciting thing happened...I felt the baby move for the first time! All of a sudden I felt this kind of fluttering in my lower abdomen on the left side. I pushed on it and it did it again! I spent the rest of mass trying to get the baby to keep on kicking me but he/she decided to stop. Now I know what to expect so I am anxious to get kicked again! We are very excited to see our little babe on the ultrasound on November 15th. Oh, and more exciting news...our basement has walls! Thanks to Joe, Mark, and Greggy for helping us out!

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Hi Little Mother to be,
Well, I finally got an account set up. They kept telling me that an account already existed when using my personal e-mail and password, so I did a new one using my work e-mail and it took. Yipeee!!!
We so look forward to your new blog additions every week.
So you felt your little one kick you. There is no other feeling like it in the world and how about it happening in church?
Love all the pics. Looks like you'll have a whole new living area soon. Your Mom said that is her room when she comes to visit.
We got to babysit for Mckenna for a whole day last Tues. What a delight for us. She is so easy.
Fri. Heidi is dropping Mia off for us to dog sit while they are in Cabo San Lucas for the week.
Don't forget that when you do your registering, don't put that exersise saucer on your list. It's gotten to be kind of a tradition that I get that for all "my girls".
I hope you know what I am referring to.
Not much more so I'll sign off and wait for your next posting.
Opah sends his love.
Love and "Toodleooooo"!!!
G.

Gigi said...

Hi again,
Forgot to tell you that your apple pie looks delish!!!
Opah and I got apples too and made and froze 5 pies and 2 kettles of apple sauce. What a job but it will be worth it when we go to the freezer in the middle of winte and can bake a pie and have sauce.
Love and "Toodleooooo"!!! again
G.