We just got back from our 20 week ultrasound. It was so cool! At first the baby was snoozing away and not really too interested in playing. But they, it woke up and decided to be a little difficult...squirming in the opposite direction of where the technician wanted it to go. It was very active though! It is currently laying in a transverse position which means it is laying across me. Its head is on my right side and its feet are on my left side. She spent a lot of time going over every body part with us (minus that boy/girl part, of course!) I had no idea what I was looking at without her telling me. At one point I thought I was looking at an eyeball and it was really its stomach. We got a lot of pictures but could not get that standard profile picture because of the way it was laying. I have to go back in 6 weeks for a follow-up appointment because she thought the placenta was too close to my cervix for this point in my pregnancy. This can be a problem if the placenta begins to cover the cervix. It would be in the way of the baby getting out during delivery. Hopefully it will move away by then. She told me not to be too concerned about it.
Here are the baby stats: Heart rate was 149 bpm and it is currently weighing in at 11 ounces (3/4 of a lb. already!) She said she thought the baby has really long, skinny fingers.
Once I figure out how to get the pictures on here I will!


No comments:
Post a Comment