This past weekend, Lisa, Laura, and I headed back to good ole Oconomowoc for my second baby shower. We arrived on Friday evening and had a fun time visiting with friends and family. On Saturday we had the shower at my mom's house. It was a full house but so great to see everyone! Some of my girlfriends that were there I hadn't seen in over a year! Thanks to everyone for coming. And thanks to my Grandma Starke, mom, Heidi, and Maggie for putting it on for me!
I got so many nice gifts for the baby and I was very anxious to get home on Sunday to start putting together the baby's room. That is, until we drove right into a blizzard on our way back. Poor Lisa was driving and she was doing a great job, but before long we couldn't see the road, the cars near us, or much of anything at all. So the three of us decided to stay in the WI Dells at the Holiday Inn. I am really glad that we did because the next morning when we left we saw several cars in the ditch and a pretty ugly accident involving a car and semi.
We finally made it back to the Cities around 11:00 on Monday. Luckily, both Lisa and I had off for President's Day. I did drag Pat to both Babies 'R Us and Target to use up some of the gift cards and cash we got. We were able to purchase our carseat/stroller combo, a swing, some little outfits, a changing pad, changing pad cover, pack n' play sheets, and an area rug for the baby's room. A pretty good haul indeed! When we got back I started getting things into place and I am starting to feel ready for this little peanut!
Pat had a fun weekend with Greg at the hockey games in North Dakota. Apparently he now wants to have a little area of our basement dedicated to some of the other teams in the league so Wisconsin might just get a little nook in that sea of maroon and gold. We'll see.
I'll post pictures of the baby's room and the shower when I can make myself stay awake past 7:30 to do so. Last night I missed my favorite show, American Idol, because I fell asleep at 7:30. I am definitely getting ready for baby to make his/her appearance because I am starting to feel huge and sleep pretty poorly. I just want to hold our baby in my arms! Pat informed me last night that he hasn't held a baby for more than a few minutes since his little sister was born. She's 19 years old now! Yea, we are definitely in for some changes. Only 6 more weeks to go...


2 comments:
Just so you know, Dave has never changed a diaper before, so Pat is just fine with not holding a baby in a long time. Dave said that the first one he changed would be from his own child.
I hope you will have great shower as first one.. All the best..
Post a Comment