Wednesday, February 6, 2008

MN Baby Shower...Elevators

What a weekend! On Friday night, my mom, cousin Heidi, Maggie, and Lyndee all made the trip to St. Paul for my MN baby shower, hosted by Lisa and Laura (my sisters-in-law). Friday night Heidi and my mom got here around 5 and we went out for some Mexican which I always seem to be craving and did a little shopping. Afterwards, Maggie and Lyndee arrived and we went over to our corner bar, the Sherwood Lounge. We had a fantastic time mingling with this group of people who coined the phrase "You can't deny a high-five." Let's just say you can't and you had to be there to really understand. After this, the designated driver (yes, that's me) took the gang to White Castle for a little 3 a.m. snack. My mom says it is terrible but Heidi (a die-hard White Castle lover) was in heaven. I never got the official report from Maggie and Lyndee but I think they were doing just fine with the chicken-oh's and mozzarella sticks. I mean how couldn't you. Right?

Saturday morning we got up and headed over to my baby shower at Carol's house. Lisa and Laura did a fantastic job and it was so nice to see everyone in one place! I received lots of wonderful gifts and Pat has already started his version of nesting by putting all of the gifts in their own little spots in the baby's room. I spent my time watching him and practicing swaddling a teddy bear. The only thing I am sad about is that the super cute mobile I got is too small for the large bars on our crib. So, I have to return it and get something bigger. Oh well. Everything else works out just perfect. Thanks to all of you who came!

On Saturday night, we headed over to downtown St. Paul to attend the Winter Carnival festivities. Lyndee and Maggie (the veterans) were there for the 3rd time but Heidi and my mom (the rookies) were newcomers to the craziness. We rode in the parade and almost made it to the dance. That is, until Heidi and I got stuck in the elevator for 2 hours with 13 people. It was hot, sweaty, and cramped but we made the best of it. And, we made lots of new friends. 3 of people on board go to our church so now I will know some people when we go to mass. For our troubles, the hotel gave us our parking and hotel stay for free. While it was quite a stressful ordeal, no one got hurt and I have some fond memories of my cousin Heidi (after a few vodka lemonades) and her wild and crazy elevator games!

No comments: