Friday, February 8, 2008

Week 32 Appointment and Ultrasound

The placenta has finally moved! Pat and I had another follow up ultrasound and it appears that placenta previa will not be something we have to deal with. Now, we just have to get the stubborn baby in place because it is still breech. Actually, it is lying diagonally across my belly. The doctor says we don't need to worry about its position until about week 36. Last time the baby had its hands in front of its face during the ultrasound and this time it is touching its face with both of its feet! Quite a flexible little guy (yes, I decided I think it is a boy). There is quite a bit of hair on its little head already too. Unfortunately, the baby wouldn't let us see its face this time. I guess everything is going to be a surprise!

When we met with Dr. Kohls she started talking about what happens when you have breech twins. She went on for quite a while and I realized that she thought I was carrying twins. I obviously reminded her that we aren't but Pat was panicking in his brain because he thought that maybe we had missed this news. Needless to say, she was a little embarrassed and Pat was much relieved to realize there are not two in there.

The baby's heart rate is at 131. I am measuring 32 cm and weight is up 23 lbs. She said I can expect to put on a pound a week from now on. Hooray!

In 3 weeks I start my every week appointments. I can't believe how close we are getting to the birthday! Less than 8 weeks to go! I can't wait!

1 comment:

arnesona said...

That is too funny that your doctor said "twins" and Pat was panicking. Dave would have been jumping for joy if our doc had said twins.
Only 8 more weeks, how fast the time goes!! I can't wait to hear how the rest of the pregnancy goes for you.