Friday, March 21, 2008

38 Weeks!

Today we had our 38 week checkup. We met with a different doctor since ours is on vacation. She told us she is on call next weekend so should baby decide to come a little early (which I hope it does!) she'd probably do the delivery. These days I am feeling so ready for baby's arrival. Sleeping is next to impossible and even Pat is having trouble since I get up so often. I suppose it is all in preparation for the sleep deprivation that is to come. The doctor asked if I've had any contractions and I told her that I haven't yet. She said that it is normal to not and just most likely means I'll go past my due date. I was so not excited to hear that news! At least there has been some progress since last week. My cervix has finally softened a bit and she said she could feel baby's head. I think baby is finally starting to drop. Woo-hoo! After the appointment we stopped at the mall to get nursing gowns (someone really needs to design some cute ones by the way). I look like an old woman in a housecoat! We also got a baby book after spending about an hour debating between a few different ones that I liked. I am going to need a project to work on since I am no longer employed and I can't physically do too much these days!

Here's me and the belly. I am measuring 42 inches around. My coworkers decided it looks like I am chasing my belly around at this point because it is so far out in front. Some say that means boy. Pat is convinced it is a girl, but I'm not sure. It is so fun not knowing! What's not fun is not knowing what we are going to call this baby if it is a boy because now we decided we don't like the boy's name we had. This poor kid is going to have to name itself!

3 comments:

arnesona said...

Pretty soon Sarah and you will know the sex. I went for my 25 week app. today and things are perfect so far. I am measuring a good size and my weight is good. Thanks for the advice on the bobbie pillow, I added it to the registry. Angie

Corrie said...

I worked right up until the day I was induced, but I remember just WAITING and WAITING thinking I was going to be pregnant forever. Clearly I wasn't, but there were d when I wasn't too sure.

I made the photo collage in a program called Picasa. It is a free photo editing program you can download to your home computer. I just selected 4 pictures and it popped right up! It is really easy to use--you should try it.

Erin said...

Hey Sarah! You look great! I can't believe you are already due! You know, the baby isn't coming until she knows you have a name picked out for her. So get going! We can't wait to hear the announcement! Good luck!
Erin