Tonight we celebrated Pat's 28th birthday with a BBQ over at our house. Here are some shots of Lillian checking out the cake and some family shots. She tried a little taste of frosting but I am not too sure how she felt about it. I know she enjoyed looking at those lit candles though! Lillian got Pat a little clock with her picture in it and her voice recorded saying "Happy Birthday." Of course it sounded like a bunch of cooing but Greg and Laura thought it sounded like Happy Birthday. Which, according to Greg, would be the second phrase she has said. Apparently she said "Hi Uncle Greg" 2 weeks ago. Yup, we have such an advanced kid!
This is a big weekend for Pat with his birthday, Flag Day, and his first Father's Day all in a row. I know to many Flag Day is not necessarily anything to get excited about but when I told him that Saturday was Flag Day, he got really excited and ran to put the flag out in front of the house. We skipped a potential history lesson regarding the construction of the flag and/or the meaning of its colors. Being married to a social studies teacher means there is a potential history lesson brewing at any time. It also means that if you do not have control over the remote, you will be forced to watch such classics as "The Adventures of Lewis and Clark" or "The History of Cannons and Ammo (or something like that)." Even though he has boring taste in television (I mean he doesn't even like Project Runway!) we love him sooo much!
Happy Birthday!
XOXO Sarah & Lillian :)


2 comments:
You guys are so cute... Loved the pics. She is getting SO big. I can't wait to see you all over the 4th of July. See the little ones together!
Hugs and kisses and Happy B-Day Pat!
Sarah,
How did you get the birthday countdown clicker on your blog. What do I choose under Customize? I can't figure it out which one to choose.> Please help. Angie
Post a Comment