Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life as a 2 Month Old





Today Lillian is 2 months old. So far, Lillian's short life has had a big impact on ours. They say time goes fast, but WOW does it ever! We have officially packed all the clothes away that she wore those first few weeks of life. She is fitting quite nicely into size 3 month clothing. We get to go see Dr. Balfanz on Friday and I can't wait to hear her new measurements. Her chubby cheeks and thighs tell me she has definitely packed on some pounds since the last time we visited the doctor. These days she is sleeping almost through the night. On average about 6-7 hours. Which I know is not common for most babies so believe us, we're grateful!

She has been smiling all of the time lately which is so adorable. I remember just a few weeks ago it was like begging and pleading to get her to do it and now she does it all of the time. She is even beginning to copy some of our actions. Mainly sticking out the tongue and humming. This past week she has been favoring her fist over her nuk which tells me that soon she might be a thumb-sucker. She is a very calm baby most of the time. The only thing that interrupts this is if she is hungry or wants to be held. The doctor says you can't spoil a baby before 3 months so I figure I have one more month to hold her anytime I or she wants. We have been letting her self soothe a little but I seriously think it is harder for me than her.

She really enjoys looking around. If you have her in a position where she can't see much she lets you know it. We still cannot get her to like the swing. The papasan is ok but she much prefers to be snuggled by mom or dad or any willing person. Dangly earrings and hair down are starting to become a no-no for me as she most often grabs them with her little hands and yanks. So fun. Perhaps she'll have good hand-eye coordination unlike her mommy. (You wonder why I was a swimmer and never played tennis, softball, or basketball).

She is starting to enjoy tummy time also. But she get frustrated when she can't lift her head to see the things she wants. She especially likes looking at books. I think accompanied by my funny voices reading them, she is laughing inside her head. I can't wait until she laughs out loud. I feel like it is coming though the baby books say a little longer yet.

We finally found some daycare for our little monkey this past week. She is going to be seeing a lady named Theresa who lives just a few houses down from Daddy's work. She will be spending her days with another little boy named Conor (don't worry Grant and Finn she promises you'll both still be number 1). It is a relief knowing where she'll be in the fall but also a little sad to realize that I do eventually have to go back to work. I wish I could stay home with her everyday. I can't complain too much. 5 months on maternity leave is quite longer than average!

2 comments:

arnesona said...

Thanks for the call tonight! it was great to catch up with you and learn some valuable information from an expert:)

Anonymous said...

MR. THUENTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!