Well, this is it. Our last night of summer vacation. I have not been looking forward to this day nor writing this post because I am not quite ready to go back to the world of the working where I have to leave Lillian at daycare. This has been the most amazing 5 months of my life. I became someone's mom and I am so grateful and so blessed because of it. Every cliche is true. I never knew I could love someone so much. Becoming a family on April 3rd changed our lives for the better and we have so many wonderful memories with our little peanut that we can hold onto as we watch her grow up. Here are some favorites...
When Lillian made her arrival and my first question was, "What is it?" Pat said, "It's a Lillian."
When Lillian was laid on my chest after birth and she began to lift her head up to look around as if to say, "Oh, so this is what was out here."
That first bath when we got to count toes and fingers and just memorize her little wrinkled face
Getting up at 3 a.m. with her every night that first month. It was always me that got up for her to feed and it was our special time when it was completely quiet to be together. Usually we fell asleep on the couch until day light.
Listening to that snort when she wanted to eat the first few weeks
The first day she smiled at me and how I tried so desperately to get it on film
Watching her discover things around her (such as her own hands and her own toes) and put them in her mouth to investigate
The first time she reached out and grabbed her rattle
Our trips to the lake and back to Wisconsin
Our nightly walks around the neighborhood
Taking her swimming at the pool in her little bikini
Sitting her in the lake under the big umbrella
Holding Lillian during church and listening to her coo along with the music
Bath time
Her first time eating rice cereal
Sharing different foods with her and seeing her reaction to the taste (ice cream good...pickles bad)
Taking her to see the animals at the state fair. She liked the horses but the sheep and their "baaa-ing" scared the heck out of her!
Naps in the mid morning with our little family (I am definitely going to miss this one this week!)
Story time. Especially the way she stares at the last page of The Very Hungry Caterpillar (when the caterpillar becomes a butterfly). She loves that book.
The day she learned how to stick her tongue out and make noises with it. She can now blow raspberries and thinks it is funny to do while nursing. It is hilarious and I have to try my hardest not to laugh because I don't want to encourage her to keep doing it when it is time to eat!
Her coos and how she fits them into what seems to be a normal dialogue between her and the person playing with her
Laughing with her about any and everything
Seeing that big, gummy smile first thing in the morning while she is waiting for you to come and pick her up from the crib. Thank God I still get this one everyday even though I have to go back to work!
I know that the days are going to fly by and she will be walking and talking before we know it. I am just so happy that I got to spend every single day with her for the last 5 months. I am going to miss her terribly but know that I have something so wonderful to come home to everyday. We are truly blessed.


3 comments:
I'm getting misty as I read this! You will make it through--just try to keep work at work so that home time can be Lillian time. And you'll enjoy those huge smiles when you pick her up from daycare!
I know what you mean Sarah. I had to leave Collin last week for 2 days, while I was working, and I missed him so much!! It will be tough, but we will both get through it. We can always call each other if we need to talk.
I too have the same kind of memories with Collin. My favorite time with Collin is changing him. I know that it is a stinky job, but he is so alert and so full of smiles that he is just so darn cute:) I just started playing peek a boo with him and he loves it!! I love his BIG smiles:)
Mr. T is an awesome teacher
Post a Comment