Saturday, August 9, 2008

Just the Two of Us!

I decided to make a little trip back to my hometown with just Lillian and myself. (We left Daddy home to be productive working on our house and Uncle Scott and Aunt Lisa's house). I was very nervous about the prospect of being completely on my own. But, to my surprise, she did VERY well on the car ride both ways (thank God) and really fell in love with her lullaby cd. We probably listened to it about 25 times each way. Now she has to have it to fall asleep.

We arrived on Thursday afternoon and hung out with Grandma Tinks. Her back is out again and I think Lillian brought a smile to her face which helped. Then, we headed over to Lyndee's house for a bbq with Katie (and her kids, Ella and Finn), an old high school friend Jennie (and her daughters, Sophie and Ava, who we hadn't met yet), Kristi (Lyndee's roommate), and Auntie Maggie. We had a great time visiting and playing with the big kids. The food was delish! And the conversation was hilarious! Thanks for all the laughs, girls! I feel compelled to do more research on these Wiccan people! Ha ha ha!

Friday we went over to Heidi's for a pool party and Lillian swam for a long time. She still loves the water! She got to see her cousins Zach, Preston, and McKenna which was a lot of fun! McKenna, my cousin Steve and wife Kristi's baby, is 11 months older than Lillian. It is absolutely crazy to imagine Lillian that big in just less than a year!

Saturday was the fair (see separate blog post) and afterwards we stopped by Katy and Tony's house to visit with their family (which includes Mia, 3 and Jaxson, 1). I always love visiting with them. I got a good taste of what two kids is like!

Sunday we went to mass with Grandma and Grandpa and then to breakfast. At the restaurant, Miss Lilly had a poop EXPLOSION which set us back a few minutes but the meal and the company was great. (Grandma Tinks and Grandpa Elmo joined us as well).

It is always so much fun going back to Wisconsin and I look forward to having Lillian visit where I came from often as she grows up. She sure has a lot of fans there!

No comments: