Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sickness at the Thuente House

This has been an interesting week! It all started last weekend when I woke up at 3 am vomiting. The next night it was Pat who caught the flu bug. Lillian had been having diarrhea for a while and we thought it was the teething, but after our doctor's visit on Thursday we found out she had caught a virus. This made me feel a little better as we did not get her a flu shot because our clinic had run out when we took her for the 9 month appointment. However, the virus she has causes diarrhea and vomiting (pretty much like the flu), and while it could be spread to adults it would only affect them for 1-2 days. It stays in a baby for over a week! Great. So we are still waiting for it to pass.

The diaper rash she got due to all those dirty diapers was the WORST I have seen! Her skin was so raw we could barely touch her without her howling. So, we got a prescription cream and were told to divide up her meals and give her small bottles of 4 oz or less. Apparently this diet change will help her get over it faster. This is not making her very happy (she's a hungry gal), but it hopefully will work. Frankly, I can't change another diaper of that magnitude! We have gotten to the point of actually tallying how many of the diapers each of us has changed to determine who's turn it is.

This picture is not a Halloween costume. It is Pat's eyes after popping lots of blood vessels in his eyes due to extreme vomiting. Seriously, it is creeping me out! It is supposed to last about 2 weeks.

And, of course, the baby stats for Lillian at 10.5 months...
Height 29.5"
Weight 19 lbs. 10 oz.

At 20 lbs AND one year she can be in her forward facing car seat. I am looking forward to being able to see her back there besides in that little mirror we have facing her. She will probably be ready on her birthday! Just about a month and 6 oz to go!!!

Not all the toys in the world
will make me feel better!









Aaaahhh!!! Creepy!!!









They did a lot of this!

3 comments:

Corrie said...

Your diaper tally makes me laugh. I always tell Annie "Daddy will change you!" all cheery-like. It usually works.

That is some EXTREME vomiting to do that to Pat's eyes--hopefully you are all better soon!

arnesona said...

I hope you guys all start to feel better soon!! Dave is not feeling very well either, so I hope that it doesn't go around our house.

Corrie said...

I accidentally rejected your comment--my bad. I'm due August 20, so that puts me at 15 weeks right now. So we're just over a month away from the 20-week ultrasound, which is the day to decide if we want to know gender or not. I can probably wait--it really boils down to that one minute on the table when they ask "Do you want to know?" I don't know if I can stick to my guns right at that moment!