Saturday, March 21, 2009

Things I'm Loving Right Now...

Recently, I have taken notice of some of the things we have been using around the house and for Lillian that I just love. Thought I'd share...

Thing #1 Lysol Neutra Air
NEUTRA AIR® FRESHMATIC®

This stuff is the da bomb! Since Lillian's diaper pail is...uh...totally stinky...we have really found this stuff to be effective in cutting the odor. Before finding this air freshener in the grocery store a few weeks ago, we had tried everything. Small air fresheners, Febreeze, you name it. This stuff is the best! It is on a timer and sprays every 36 minutes. Now our house doesn't smell like a litter box! You should totally try it out if you have the same problem with extra stinky diaper pails.


Thing #2 Gerber Fun Grips Sippy Cups

Gerber Fun Grips Color Change Spill-Proof Cup - 2 , 7 OzWe've tried a few different types of sippy cups at this point and this one is by far the best. It has a stopper but allows her to take in more liquid. (Which means no spills to clean up for Mom!) Before this, I noticed she barely drank and would get frustrated and just throw the cup down. Now, she drinks...and drinks...and drinks out of this cup. She is getting lots of water now which is a great thing. It is easy to hold too and changes color based on the temperature of the liquid inside. I am really hoping this keeps her interest for a while. We are starting to wean her off the bottle little by little. Wish us luck on this endeavor!


Thing #3 Easy Mac


I've already written about how much Lillian loves and Mac & Cheese. This stuff is so much easier than cooking the regular stuff on the stove. She can wait the 3 minutes for dinner much easier than 15 it takes to make it the other way. And usually, she will gobble up half the cup of Easy Mac in one sitting. (Rather than it taking several days and Mom and Dad's help to eat the box stuff). Yes, it is probably a little lazy but when you have a fussy baby, you'll do anything to save time. Don't worry she gets a vegetable with her dinner every night too.

Thing #4 The Vornado Whole Room Heater

TVH 500 Having a finished basement is great, but it gets darn cold down there. This heater rocks! It heats the entire basement to whatever temperature you want. What is really nice is that it doesn't actually get hot on the outside of the machine. So if Lillian scoot toward it, she can't get burned or anything. I know that anyone who comes to visit us and has to sleep down in the basement must love it too. Without it, it is like 58 degrees down there!





1 comment:

arnesona said...

Thanks for the info! I am sure that we will be having easy mac soon enough.