

Last Tuesday, Lillian and I went to Wisconsin for the week. I was on spring break but Pat's break (unfortunately) isn't until next week. So the two of us made the trip solo. Despite the change in carseat and eating schedule since the last time we attempted this voyage, it was a success! I think she really enjoys facing forward...so much more to see. At one point I looked back and she had her arms up pretending she was steering the wheel. She is really into being a copycat lately. What a ham! Anyway, we had a great time visiting with lots of family and friends. For once it was nice to be there for a longer amount of time. It always feels like a marathon when we're back since we have to try to see everyone. We rarely get to just relax. This trip was much more laid back. This was definitely something I needed.
We arrived Tuesday at noon and just got to hang out, have dinner, and visit with my mom and Elliot. We mostly camped out at their house but did spend one night with my dad and step-mom, Liz. We toured my dad's plant, had dinner at his house, and had our first sleep-over there with Lillian. She was so good and really enjoyed snuggling with "Papa." Before we did the trip out to see him, we stopped by and visited my friend Katie and her kids. Finn is just a few months older than Lillian and the two had a good time playing. Lillian's favorite part...the mini banana pancakes she got to have for lunch. She ate 6 of them! On Thursday, we spent the day with Grandma Tinks, Gigi, and Opa. It was a few person operation to decorate the birthday cake and babysit Lillian. Luckily we had Gigi and Opa on hand. The cake my mom made was AMAZING! (Note to Christy..I really think she could be on Ace of Cakes someday).
I think Lillian really liked her day on Friday. She got to spend it all with Grandma Tinks while Mom had a playdate with her friends (Lyndee and Maggie). Lillian played all day, got to have a fish fry, and had a bath (for much longer than I ever let her take one...Grandma is way nicer.) Mom had a great time too! We did the Milwaukee Art Museum, the new Bayshore Mall, Lakefront Brewery Tour, and Water Street...just like old times! Saturday night after the birthday party we swung by to hang out with Bryan and JJ for a bit too. Grant (2 months older than Lillian) was keeping us busy with his crawling and cruising. Something we are not too used to considering Lillian is pretty much a content sitter/ scooter. I feel for all of you chasing those kids around!!! I know our day will come.
Saturday was the birthday party and it turned out great. I rented a daycare's play area for 3 hours and it was just the right amount of space and time. The kids appeared to be having a good time. So many people were able to make it to the party-even my grandparents up north and my cousin Jason, his wife Stacey, and their new baby Macayla. My aunt Kelly and uncle John brought their new baby, Lydia too. I got to hold two brand new babies in one sitting. So, of course, the question kept being asked...when is number 2 coming? Not yet, people! I am quite enjoying things as they are for now.
Lillian got so many wonderful gifts. One of the favorites right now is the Bitty Baby she got from Grandma. She hugs and kisses that baby any time it is in her arms. Such a good little mommy to her dolly! It's no surprise she loved her first cake experience. She cried when we finally had to take it away. It was a great day! Thanks to everyone who came. Next week I will blog about her party with the Thuente family. Should be just as fun! (Although I am making the cake this time...)


2 comments:
That cake IS awesome! She should go apply :-)
Glad all went well--you never know how baby is going to react to the Happy Birthday song!
Don't tell, but Annie's getting a Bitty Baby when we go to Chicago next month. I'm totally excited!
Post a Comment