Sunday, April 26, 2009
Sleep Issues
We've gone through a lot of changes in mobility over the past few weeks and with it has come major changes in sleep patterns. Pat and I are absolutely exhausted. Last Sunday, Lillian woke up at 3 am screaming. I thought maybe she had a bad dream or something. She squeezed me so hard when I picked her up, seeming so relieved I was there, so I let her just get into bed with us (something I don't normally do). Then on Monday she woke up twice in the night, screaming. She is now getting up at least twice in the middle of the night and cannot be consoled unless picked up. We are trying to just let her "cry it out" a little bit and not go and get her but she will cry FOREVER. Anyone have any advice on getting her back to sleeping all night? Or does anyone want to come over and babysit her so we can take a nap?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Anne did this for a while when Sam went to North Dakota for 2 weeks. I would get her up, change her diaper, and then rock with her for 10 minutes or so with her blankie. She would calm down, but I tried to make sure I put her down while she was still awake, so that she didn't become dependent on me to fall asleep. She would fuss a bit, but would sleep soon. However, this was before she could stand in her crib--I don't know how to deal with that variable. Good luck--this is a yucky stage!
Yeah, the standing up part makes it very difficult because she can't get herself back down as easily. So she gets stuck standing up and screaming. Today the kids at school told me I look tired. Awesome.
We put Collin in bed with us when it gets really bad, which has only happened a few times. Otherwise I gently rub his back until he falls back to sleep. I hope that it gets better soon:)
Also try putting something that comforts her in her crib, like a stuffed animal or a blanky. That may help. Also, have you tried a food chopper for Lillian's food? You can chop up anything then that Pat and you eat. It works great! Collin had tuna casserole yesterday and he loved it.
We tried the stuffed animal/ blankey and she just throws it away from her. She just wants to be held by one of us. Last night we finally just let her cry, and cry, and cry. It was not easy! She finally fell asleep sitting up, head rested against the crib. Pat laid her down and she slept all night!!! Hoping this works again tonight!
hey honey~it's just another phase. Every time either of the boys learned something new their sleep patterns would become all messed up. Once she is better at walking and moving it will end. She is just not sure what to do when she finds herself in a standing postition.
Post a Comment