Friday, August 28, 2009

Crockettfest 2009


















After months of planning, countless emails, and a great debate "keg or no keg?" all the Thuente/Walsh kids plus families made it to Crockettfest 2009. This year marked our 4th annual trip and we had so much fun! Josh and Lillian had a great time playing together at the campsite, singing songs, and swinging on their makeshift swing set that Jim created. We did decide to get the keg and despite being down a few drinkers (one pregnant, two didn't come until Saturday afternoon) we managed to finish it off by late afternoon while lounging at the pool. The sun was shining and the air was warm during the day, but it was pretty cold at night which was not at all what we were expecting in late August. I ran out of warm stuff for Lillian and ended up piling Pat and my clothes on her at night for extra warmth. We let her drink about 2 bottles of water on Saturday since she was loving it so much and the result was a late night accident in which everything she had on and everything I put on top of her was covered in pee. Lesson learned. Bring 4 pairs of pjs, 2 will not do! Bring 8 sweatshirts, 2 will not do! Grrrrr!

Despite that mishap, everything went off without a hitch. Each year we do t-shirts for the trip and I think this year's is my favorite. Now we are debating on what colors to do for next year. Green, red, and blue have already been used up. We might be going with Minnesota Gopher colors next year. But don't worry everyone, there will be no purple and gold! Unless I am paying homage to OHS, but I seriously doubt that.

Pat and I have to go back to the working world on Monday. I am kind of looking forward to getting back into a routine again. I know I will miss my baby like crazy, but she is ready to be around other kids again. Mommy and Daddy are not as fun! I would say that blog posts will be more seldom but with how often we were gone this summer, they might just pick up! Stay tuned.

No comments: