So, the trip was awesome. And if either Maggie or Lyndee read this it was actually both gnarley and tubular (ok, rad too). We camped 3 nights in Door County and it was beautiful. We spent a lot of time just relaxing at the campsite, chatting, having a few beers. Very nice. We hit up a few of the shops, beaches, a restaurant, and even did an outdoor theatre and 3 hour kayaking adventure. My tan is getting pretty good :) It was so much fun to spend some quality time with them. Not as easy anymore with a 5 hour distance and a baby. Very grateful my husband let me leave him with solo daddy duty (thanks to Colleen and Laura for helping while he worked).
My return home was better than I could have imagined. Pat was CLEANING the house and Lillian came a walkin' right into my arms and would not stop kissing, hugging, and patting me on the back. All the while she kept saying, "Mama, Mama" like she was so happy to see me and couldn't believe I was there. What did I do? I cried like a baby. I missed her so much and seeing that she missed me made me feel happy. When I ran back out to the car to start unloading she began to scream like crazy because she thought I was leaving again. Oh well...Daddy had to do it!
Being gone for 3 days doesn't seem like much until you realize what you missed. She got really good at walking-has almost exclusively given up crawling (mostly because she HATES to get her hands dirty). She has fallen in love with her dolly. She "reads" to it and covers it with a blankey...seriously?!? She also serenaded her with Rock-a-bye Baby. Well, it goes more like "Bock-a-bye Baby on the" (that's her ending point). She is starting to enjoy books more and more. She always did enjoy them (you know, to chew on) but now she will actually say "book" and then walk over and get one, position herself in your lap, and let you read it to her. I promise to stop being so compelled by every little thing she does after this blog post, for real. I am just amazed by how fast her little brain works. She is no longer a baby. That's for sure.
Now that I have my first camping trip under my belt, I am excited for the rest of the trips we have planned in the great outdoors this summer. Lillian was a pretty good camper last year at 3 months old so hopefully she'll be really good this year.


1 comment:
Glad that you had a fun time!! It is sad to leave the little kido's, but it is a necessary thing! Us adults need adult time as well:) And to know that when we return our kidos want and need us, is a great feeling too! See you in the outdoors in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment