We are just about a month into summer break. I cannot believe how fast it is going! It started out with a party for Pat's 30th birthday followed up by a 5 day long trip to Boston which was his gift. Lillian stayed with Grandma Thuente and had a ton of fun! Unfortunately the weather was not the greatest here in MN or in Boston but we all made the best of it. Lillian got to go to the zoo and see the Sparky show which she still will not stop talking about. It seems she was spoiled with lots of attention by her 2 aunts, uncle, and Grandma. We had to crack the whip when we got back. Just kidding-she's pretty good. We had a ton of fun in Beantown. We both had never been there before so it was fun exploring. Since Pat's a history teacher it was like a dream come true for him. I enjoyed the shopping, restaurants, and the game at Fenway the most :) It was rough being away from our girl for that long but we definitely appreciated the break and the time together.
I am back in school working on the ESL certificate. Our summer schedule is pretty sweet. I have class Tues/Thurs and Pat works on Wednesdays. He picks up a few shifts a week working for the Twins but we can have up to a 5 day weekend if wanted. Can't complain. I love getting to spend full days with Lillian. She is very playful and excited by so many things. You forget how much fun you can have with bubbles and sidewalk chalk. Lillian just finished her tumbling class. She got a sticker every time and that was quite a highlight. She is also in swimming lessons and having a blast with that. We got to try out her skills at the cabin this past weekend. She loves the water and even let me dunk her under the water. She's blowing bubbles and kicking and paddling. She took a lake bath and thought that was pretty great.
Still no progress on the potty. She just doesn't want to do it. They say don't push it but I sure am antsy! I suppose no one goes to preschool un-potty trained so I can wait. I did wait forever for her to walk!
I will be done with class on July 22nd and then Ama will be here to visit for a week before we all head to the Starke Family camping trip which will be fun. We also are expecting a visit from Papa and some friends. Hopefully we will get to the zoo a few more times and up to the lake as well. I just love not having to set a daily schedule. One of the perks of being a teacher! Now if only I can get Lillian to sleep past 5:30 we'll be set.
Here's just a few snapshots. Lillian with pigtails! Yay! The pictures of Pat and me are us at Fenway Park on his 30th birthday and our dinner that evening with his cake. Can't believe I'm married to a 30 year old.


No comments:
Post a Comment