Sunday, August 15, 2010

Snipets of the Summer...

I can't remember what we did which weekends so I am just making a list of fun things we did in July and August. Someday when Lillian is a mom I hope she will appreciate the things I write about her and also not be upset for losing all sense of time and organization along the way!

Ama visits!- At some point in July my mom came to stay for a whole week! We had lots of fun playing and even took her up to the cabin for a few days with us. We also got pedicures altogether. Lillian sat very well to get her toesies painted. She even got little daisies on her big toes. She was very excited about that.

Starke Camping-We did a family reunion on a campground in central Wisco. It was a very fun time. Lillian had a blast playing with all of my cousins' kids. She did not like when I held the other kids though. She has some jealousy issues going on which is a new development. 3-4 weeks later she is still telling me "I got upset when you holded Macayla."

Week at the Lake- we spent a whole week up at the cabin which was wonderful! Lillian got to do a lot of swimming and boating. She is now very comfortable going completely underwater. I sometimes will heard loud gasps in the back of the car while driving only to look back to see that she is practicing holding her breath.

Papa Vists!-My dad came up to visit us for the weekend which was great. We did a padleford ride down the Mississippi, Irishfest, visit to Red Wing, and Como Zoo (scene of the tantrum). We loved being able to spend some quality time together since he lives far away and it is hard to get together very often.

Children's Museum-Lillian loved this! We have been before but I think she was a little young to appreciate it all. Not this time. We did everything! Her favorite was playing with the bubbles and going grocery shopping in the pretend store.

There are just 2 weeks left until we all go back to our normal school year routines. I have mixed feelings about this as usual. I love getting to be home with Lillian in the summertime but I am a creature of habit and enjoy my routines. Waking up at 7:30 sometimes even 8:00 has been nice, but soon it will be back to 5:30 am wake up times, daycare, lesson plans, and of course, grad school.

No comments: