I hope that this baby will be understanding of my lack of blog posts compared to his/her older sister. We just had a lot more time on our hands while waiting for Lillian!
Things in the Thuente house are busy! I started a second job to help pay for some of my graduate work I will be working on this summer before baby comes. I am tutoring some twin girls in math and really like it. I am also back in school until May. I am sure keeping busy will help time go by a little faster. 9 months is a long time to wait to meet that little person.
Well, I am now a few weeks into trimester 2 and am feeling great! I finally got my energy back (note: blogging at 11 pm!) and my nausea is completely gone. I took a picture at about 11 weeks pregnant which I will post along with a picture of me at almost 16 weeks. My belly has definitely popped in recent weeks. I finally pulled out all the old maternity clothes from the attic. It was kinda fun because I forgot about a lot of the outfits I had. I even have a few bags of things on loan from friends. I think I will be all set until summer. Then I am out of options besides a maternity swimsuit and a few tops.
Lillian is getting more used to the idea of being a big sister and finally realizes there is something in my tummy because she can see it now. She asks me everyday if the baby has grown bigger since yesterday. She likes to pat the belly and say "I love you" to the baby. Lately she has been taking certain items and putting them to the side saying, "I don't need this anymore. It is for the baby." I know she will be such a good big sister. She talked the first few weeks about how she was going to have a baby sister and now she has switched to thinking it is a baby brother.
I am super anxious to learn the gender but we are not finding out. I think it will be harder not to know this time versus last time because I want to plan the bedroom since the kids will be sharing. Can I go all girly or do I have to keep a gender neutral theme? Guess it will be revealed in 5 months!
Baby movements should be starting any time now and I can't wait. Feeling baby is definitely the best part of pregnancy! Glad to have a little background knowledge this time around :) I am not even too worried about the birth-even though I know that is still a long way off.
We can't wait to meet you little one!


No comments:
Post a Comment