
Today I am 10.5 weeks into the pregnancy. So far I have felt pretty terrible most of the evenings. It is so different being pregnant when you already have another child, let me tell you. I can remember taking naps on a whim when pregnant with Lillian. This time around my darling 2 year old will not have any of that! Luckily my husband has been super about taking over bedtime routine so I can get to bed at around the same (or earlier) than Lillian.
For as crummy as I have felt it has been really nice sharing the experience with Lillian. She is so excited to talk about the baby and give ideas about how things will go when he/she is here in July. She is excited to share her bedroom and tells me she will help feed the baby and change diapers. The exciting news around here is that Lillian is finally 100% potty-trained so we get a brief reprieve from the diapers for a while. Woo-hoo!
On Thursday we had our first ultrasound. It was amazing! The baby was really active for just 10 weeks old. Baby was about an inch long and clearly had arms and legs! We saw the heartbeat right away. It was 171 bpm...does faster mean boy or girl? We have made the decision once again to leave the gender a surprise. It was so cool to do that last time and you can't get that surprise back! As much as I'd like to plan the bedroom, I know it'll all work itself out and I can remain patient until the day he/she arrives. (I hope!)
Well, that's the latest on Thuente #2! Enjoy the ultrasound pic.


No comments:
Post a Comment