Just two weeks left until the due date! Here is what has been happening with the pregnancy...
Uncomfortable! Ugh. A summer baby is much more difficult than a spring one, that's for sure.
Insomnia. Hence the reason I'm blogging a 4:30 am. Baby loves to kick early in the morning. Normally a lover of my sleep, I don't actually mind the early wake up call. It is my special time to be with the baby while Pat and Lillian snooze. So grateful I am not working right now or I might feel differently.
Weight gain. 32 lbs so far. Didn't gain too much throughout and put on 15 in the past 6 weeks. Not sure if it is due to my foot injury which didn't allow me to get much exercise in or just the yummy summer foods, but I will be anxious to get back into a workout routine post pregnancy. Despite a higher weight gain this time, I feel like the weight is spread out more evenly, not just in my face like with my first pregnancy.
Kicks. This baby is super active! He/she responds to every little touch and has even kicked a Gatorade bottle off of my tummy. That was super crazy.
Iron Count. Way too low this time. I had been ordered to take iron supplements twice daily to avoid the need for a blood transfusion during labor. Last week Dr. Kohls said I got it up enough to drop down to one supplement per day. Thank goodness because those pills made me so sick to my stomach.
Braxton Hicks. I didn't have these the first time but have them CONSTANTLY this time around. I actually thought I might have been in labor the other night when they came every 5 minutes for an hour and a half.
Now we are just playing the waiting game. This part always goes the slowest but baby will be here before we know it. I can't wait to hold him/her in my arms!
(I have only dreamt this baby is a boy so that is my vote this time. Pat thinks a girl. He was right last time so we will just have to wait and see what God will bless us with this time. Either way we will be so happy and he/she will be just right!)


No comments:
Post a Comment