Saturday, July 28, 2007

Dreams and Telling the Family

Ever since we got the positive test result I have been having a lot of baby dreams. In these dreams the baby is always the same gender...a boy. It doesn't matter to us if we have a girl or a boy. We are just praying we have a healthy baby! (I know, I know everyone says that but it is true!) We do already have a car seat and stroller...those are Pat's...he bought them at a garage sale like 4 years ago! You can imagine what I thought when he bought those considering we were just dating at the time! I think that Pat was always meant to be a dad. I know he will be so good at it!

I think that all of the grandparents-to-be are pretty excited about being grandparents. I didn't want to just call my parents to tell them that I am pregnant so I sent each of them Congratulations Cards and a little baby item. My mom got a onesie that said "Everyone Knows I am Grandma's Favorite" and my dad got a bib that said "I love Grandpa!" I waited for them to call me as soon as they got their packages. My dad is very excited and can't wait to tell people. My mom was crying...she has been wanting to be Grandma for a long time now!

Telling Jim and Colleen was great too! They were both shocked, I think! Colleen teared up and Jim got very excited. This will be the first grandchild for both my parents and Pat's parents.

After we told the parents I spent the rest of the night calling family and friends. I am pretty excited because I will be pregnant at the same time as my friend Katie. She is an expert pregnant lady since she has a daughter already. I have taken her suggestion and bought lots of pregnancy books. I even found a copy of a book called "How to Make a Pregnant Woman Happy" for Pat. I think it will probably come in handy!

No comments: