Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'm feeling so sad because Lillian has been so crabby today. We realized it is because she is so hungry and I am just not producing enough milk for her. We had to give her some formula tonight so she would calm down. I never understood why people were so reluctant to give their babies formula but now that I just had to I get it. You always hear that mother's milk is so much better for the baby so you feel kind of guilty and just awful you can't give it to her. I guess as long as she is happy I should be too.

2 comments:

arnesona said...

Sarah I know how you feel. That is exactly what happened with Collin. I could not keep up with his eating habits. I was very emotional about it as well:( Just keep pumping throughout the day. That is what works for Collin and me. You do feel better about it, I promise:) Angie

Corrie said...

I hear you, Sarah. Don't feel too bad. It was just one time and really, your job is to make sure she has a full belly, regardless of how it gets full. Just keep nursing her when she wants, even if it means your schedule gets off. High demand=high supply, right? You two can do it!