Today we went in for Lillian's 15 month checkup. She's not 15 months til July 3rd, but when I called for an appointment yesterday they asked, "Can you come tomorrow?" I said sure since being home with her now give me lots of flexibility. So nice! Anyway, here are the stats...
Weight 22 lbs. 3 oz. (just below 50th percentile) Totally thought she'd be heavier!
Height 31 1/4 inhces (75 percentile)
Dr. B. asked if she is talking a lot, and once again, I told him that she never is quiet! He asked if she has at least 3-4 words in her vocab. Ummm...she has at least 25 that we counted on the way home. Here is our list (which I may add to later):
Mama
Ma
Mom
Dada
Hi
Bye
Goodbye
Go
Down
Up
Please (usually signs but has said a few times)
One
Two
All gone
All done
Mine
Pretty
Uh-oh
Woah
Yes
Yeah
No
Howyadoen (says this a lot... How you doing? perhaps)
Me
Ok
Weeee
Good
Baby
Baba
Noises:
Arf, arf- dog
Meow- kitty
Has said:
Wauwa (Laura)
Can point to:
Nose (herself and others)
Boca (Spanish for mouth)
Belly Button (herself and others)
Can kiss and hug and shares when we ask. Her new favorite is "cheersing" her sippy cup with our cups when drinking something. She generally babbles consistently and I am always trying to decipher what she might be saying.
Signs for:
please
more
milk
thank you
bath
So onto the things "to work on."
She will not eat vegetables, at all. Occasionally she'll eat potatoes but that is it. He said we need to start her on a mulitvitamin. :(
Hitting, biting, and kicking require an immediate time-out. He told us to put her in the crib for a few minutes EVERYTIME she does it. He said if we are consistent we will see these behaviors subside. I hope so.
The other thing, of course, is the walking. I asked if it is normal that she is not walking yet at her age. He said some babies start as early as 9 months and some don't walk until 16-17 months. She cruises, she crawls, and she climbs all over the place. He told us not to worry because she will walk when she is ready. We'll get there.
Overall a good checkup but the shots were the worst ever. We asked if she would be getting any and when she heard the word "shots" she started screaming. We have never taught her that word before but she had such a reaction we were thinking maybe she remembered being there for her 12 month and getting the shots that time. She screamed bloody murder while she was getting them (3 this time) and then was fine afterward. It is so hard seeing your baby get poked!
Then we left and I found out Michael Jackson died and I was devastated. I have been a fan since childhood. Check out this pic! It's Lillian smooching the King of Pop (my old MJ barbie).


2 comments:
Wow! That is a long list of words! That is great that she can sign too! We tried a little bit with Collin but he didn't really take to it too well.
We did signing for a long time with no results so I decided to just stop. Then all of a sudden she signed for more with Grandma so we kept at it.
Post a Comment