My friend Katie came to stay with us for a few days with her kids two weeks ago. She has a daugher Ella, 5 and a son Finn, 18 months. This was the first time we had kids stay overnight at our house with Lillian. I think she liked it a lot. It took us a few days to get the best sleeping arrangement down. (My bright idea of having the babies both sleep in Lillian's room turned out distatrous when Finney woke up at 1 am crying. Lillian woke up freaked out because there was someone else in her room! Oops.)
However, the two babies got along sooo well. With Lillian's habit of biting I was a little worried she would attack but she was so affectionate and sweet with him. They loved to give kisses and hugs and play in our ball pit and on the swings. Even though Ella is much older she was a real champ about playing with the babies, pushing them on the swings, and just making them giggle.
The second day they were here Ella got hurt on the playground (elbow out of socket- ouch!) and Katie had to take her to the ER. I was left with both babies at dinnertime. Let me tell you, I do not know how parents of twins do it. Two almost- same-age babies at once is insane! I was literally sweating as I tried to cut their pizza, serve it, get milk cups, and then serve them more pizza. Both of them were signing "more" like crazy and I couldn't keep up. Lillian and Finn both love pizza! After they attacked their dinners it was bath time. Again I was sweating. Trying to clean two babies while they are both trying to climb all over each other and the tub is exhausting. Finally, it was jammie time. I did this fast since they each had chattering teeth after bath. Bed time finally came and then I got myself a drink for all my hard work!
The third day they were here we went to the Como Zoo and Amusement Park. Ella and Katie got to ride the little roller coaster and a few other rides while the babies and I watched and waved (from the double stroller I bought a garage sale, of course). We all rode the carousel together and Lillian got to try cotton candy for the first time. Oh my gosh, she loved it more than anything I have ever fed her. Dangerous!
It was so fun having them come to stay especially since it was the first time Finn had been up to visit us! I think Lillian was missing them since she looked around for them after her nap and they were gone :( Can't wait for them to come back to play!


2 comments:
Whew, I'm tired just reading about dinner for two!
I'm jealous of your garage-sale stroller. Do you like it? What kind is it? We've yet to invest in a double stroller, so I'm curious about yours now.
Aww!! The pics are so cute! It was completely exhausting, but I am so glad we came! It was great having the kids together...but it will be awhile before we do that again! :) Love and miss you guys!!
Post a Comment